Friday, November 13, 2009

Sweet Delia


I want to thank you all for praying for Delia and her attitude. It really has made an amazing difference. After being gone from the kids nearly a week I missed them entirely too much! Apparently they missed me too. When I walked up stairs the other day all of them yelled "Ella!!!" and ran and covered me in hugs and kisses. It was wonderful!

Little Delia was the last one to waddle up and yell to me! She latched on and didn't let go. She let me kiss her, normally she wipes kisses away and sticks her tongue out. She gave me kisses and wrapped her sweet arms around my neck and refused to let me put her down. It was just fine... I had no intention of putting her down.

At lunch she has been feeding herself (a huge improvement) and she insists on me sitting next to her. Delia has not been so deliberately disobedient! To reward her sweet behavior I painted her nails. (She always touches mine when I have mine painted!) She was so precious walking around showing everyone how Ella painted her nails. They were pink and sparkly of course!

Today I tucked her into bed and walked back into the kitchen. About 2 minutes passed and I heard a little voice yelling, "Elllllllla" and walked in her room and asked her "Da?" she just smiled at me. I layed down next to her and pretended to sleep... after 5 minutes or so passed I kissed her on the forehead and said, "noapte buna". (good night). I treasure all my moments here but I'm especially thankful for that one.

She is being so sweet and she has adjusted well to the home, the mothers and the other children. Thank you for your prayers... clearly the Lord has been answering them.

0 comments: