Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I'm going to Poland!

Well thank you for your prayers... apparently they worked! I'm feeling so much better today and I'm excited to hopefully have a normal day tomorrow.

Poland:

So in case you are unaware this summer my family opened up our home to three girls. One from France, one from Slovkia and one from Poland! Marta, from Poland, and I became good friends and I helped her deliver her books for about a week and a half. (They were in the states with a program selling books door to door). She said she would pay me but I declined. The night that they left she gave me a card... I opened it to find a note that read something along the lines of, "Congratulations you just won a trip to Poland!!!". She had left a $100 bill in the envelop and a sweet message. "Ok"- I thought "now I have to go to Poland"! (darn) haha.

Fast forward- The other day I was looking at airfare between Poland and Romania and I found a great deal. I bought the ticket and I am flying to Poland on the 16th of this month... in less than a week! I am very excited and grateful for the opportunity to see a different culture, meet her family and speak English for a whole week! Originally I thought this trip would be perfect for me to get my visa, seeing as I had to leave the country to acquire one. However I was told (after purchasing the ticket) that I will have to leave around Dec. 27th because that marks 90 days... maybe I will go to Hungry?!

Anyway, I leave Sunday on a bus to Timisoara where I will stay with my sweet friend Dea for the night... then I will get up SUPER early to catch my flight out of Timisoara. I will fly into Austria for a short layover and then board the plane for Krakow, Poland where Marta will meet me. Please pray that I will travel safely! I feel so independent... this is not like me you know. At least it was not like me! :)


This is me and Marta on her last day in Tallahassee!

0 comments: