Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Update finally (Glad to have internet)

Well I hate that I haven't updated this sooner because now I have too much to catch you up on! I haven't had internet since Thursday here in Lupeni (which about drove me crazy). Let's see:

Friday- I went to Petrosani. I was suppose to be picked up by a friend of the Gall's (the family I stay with when I am in Petrosani) but that fell through. So I texted a girl who I knew was suppose to be going to Petrosani that day. Apparently she was sick but her brother said he didn't mind accompanying me. I was thankful not to have to go alone... but maybe in retrospect I should have ( one of the first things he said was "I am single. Like you, yes?"). Well it is about a 40 minutes bus ride... this was THE longest bus drive of my life. The bus (when I say bus I mean coach/van) only had 20 seats but there were at least 30 people stuffed onto it. When I got to Petrosani I attended a youth conference with Noemi (the Gall's 19 yr. old daughter)... it was more of the church setting I am use to in the states... with the exception of the whole language barrier! After the conference ended for the night Noemi, her 3 friends and myself went and got hot chocolate which was so nice and warm!






Saturday- I woke up and attended the second part of the conference...but I left early because it is a long time to just sit in one place and not understand what's going on around you! Then I went to see the progress the Gall's had made on the mission they're building. The view from the 3rd floor is incredible! Afterward we headed home and Nelson (the 22 yr. old son) finally gave me the accordion concert I had been asking for!!! It was fabulous. I couldn't help but smile. Then he let me try... it's much harder and heavier than it looks!

























Sunday- I went to church, it rained and it was cold. We went home afterwards and had a big Sunday lunch... no fried chicken and potato salad sadly! I took a nap and then headed back to church. I didn't realize it but this weekend they decided to celebrate Thanksgiving in Petrosani! So I had Thanksgiving twice... without the turkey this time. Instead they served the traditional Sarmale which is a meat and rice mixture rolled into a cooked cabbage leaf. It was interesting... not bad but I couldn't eat very much of it. It was rainy and dark when we left the church so I decided to return to Lupeni in the morning.

Monday- I took my very first bus ride alone. It was nice and I finally felt a little independent. I made it home in time to take my stuff back to the apartment and walk to school to pick up the kids. It was nice to see them. I really missed all the kids a lot! I came home and did laundry... which is an all day process. I am still waiting for some of my clothes to dry!

Well, hopefully my internet will hold out so I will be able to update you sooner! Much Love!

0 comments: