Sunday, October 25, 2009

Cornbread

Well- before I left the United States I asked Nelson if there was anything he'd like from the good ole' US of A. He responded with a no... which was later followed with a "do you know how to make cornbread??". I said.... "ummm yes" (thinking this is a strange question). It turns out Nelson visited the United States and one of the things he enjoyed about his visit was cornbread.

So this weekend Nelson and I went to the grocery store and got all of the cooking supplies I needed in order to make him cornbread. I was definitely nervous about cooking in an unfamiliar kitchen, with ingredients in a different language and converting cups and teaspoons. Turns out I didn't need to convert anything because they didn't use measurements! Great... So I used a coffee cup for all of my measurements and just used it as a relative measurement. I was thinking to myself "Oh no Elizabeth, there is no way this cornbread is going to turn out... and Nelson will be so disappointed!"

So after combining all the ingredients I went to put it the oven... which didn't have a specific temperature because it's gas. Good to know. Well I watched the cornbread and when I thought it was done I took it out.

Praise the Lord it turned out! Haha I was so relieved! Everyone said it was delicious and I believe them because they ate it all! Nelson was happy... and ate a ton of cornbread. Mission accomplished... at least that mission.

0 comments: