Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving...yes in October!

Today was Thanksgiving here. I woke up this morning and went to church where fruits and vegetables were displayed everywhere! There was a lot of special music by the adults, youth and the children. Everyone seemed especially thankful for the things that they have (which is a lot less than what we, Americans, have).
On Friday I mentioned that in America on Thanksgiving we eat turkey. When I arrived at the Nemes' house today for lunch they had prepared turkey. It was very thoughtful and sweet! We had soup, turkey, carrots, potatoes and pickles...OH and bread of course (they never serve a meal without bread here).



The kids sang a song about Thankfulness and it was adorable! At one point Mario and Delia (3 yrs.) were kissing... and I couldn't help but laugh!
It was a good Thanksgiving day here... it was strange without the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Also without my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, mom and dad, brother and sister. But I think that this Thanksgiving I am probably more thankful than I ever have been before. I am thankful for my family, my friends, this experience and the people who have made this journey here possible. I am thankful for these children. "Multumesc Lord"

0 comments: