Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Forte Frig!!!! (very cold)

It all started Oct. 13th... I woke up in serious need of a shower only to find out we had no water! Don't worry there was PLENTY outside. It was pouring and Anda (my roommate) and I had to go pick up the kids from school. We shared an umbrella until Anda stopped by her old workplace and borrowed one... so now we had two umbrellas and we had to pick up one 6 year old and two 3 year olds. (I'm thinking the entire time how the heck are we going to pull this one off!?) Thankfully the Nemes met us there with a car...oh wonderful cars!

Well we made it back safely and fairly dry. We ate lunch and the kids napped. Around 4pm Pinti (one of the older boys) pointed out zapada (snow) on the mountains! All the kids...and me...got really excited! Soon after this discovery it started snowing where we were. Of course I went outside to experience this crazy thing called "zapada" and I about froze! (well I am from Florida)
Today I felt like I was in a snow globe all day and it was like someone was constantly shaking it! It was snowing SO hard that I couldn't even see the mountains! Sorry, I didn't take any pictures- today I stupidly thought I left my camera in my "camera" (room... isn't that confusing!!) but... apparently I did not. No worries, I have 5 1/2 more months of snow! haha.
Also, Sebe and Delia's mom came to visit. It was sweet and sad. She looked like she has had a rough life and I have no clue to even begin to guess her age. They were sweet showing her everything at the orphanage (including me!). She was only there for 15 minutes or so... I'm still not sure of that situation and why they are here, hopefully I will find out soon.
Well, that's all for now! More pictures of snow to come! Much love-


Zapada on the mountains!

Sebe learned how to say "I love you" in english just for me.




Rares checking out the new snow on the mountains! :)
Pinti in front of the mountains with fresh snow!
Me freezing outside.

0 comments: