Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Inside the orphanage here in Lupeni

Yesterday was my first day at the orphanage and it went well. I had a hard time communicating with the kids...verbally at least but a good bit of communication is body language so it wasn't too bad! We played with the toys that I brought with me. The little boy's favorite gift was definitely the bouncy balls that looked like a baseball, basketball and soccer ball! Tina (9) looks precious in her head band and she loves her new jump rope! The older girls like their head bands and bracelets. I didn't really know what the older boys would like but they did enjoy the candy I brought! (Everyone loves Worther's Originals...good call Whitney!)
Today I took Mario and David to school, it was so cold I could see my breath and my face went numb! It's only going to get colder....
At 12pm I go to pick Mario and David up from school then I take them to the orphanage and make sure they eat lunch and take a nap. The rest of the afternoon is for homework and playing! Yesterday we got to draw with the sidewalk chalk, color in the coloring book and play ping pong! (The older boys love ping pong and always ask me to play...I'm not very good!)

The orphanage is really struggling for money; the district promised a certain amount of funding... but they were just informed that the money will not be coming in because they just don't have it! Also some sponsors have decided they cannot financially support the orphanage anymore. There are more kids that need a home and have been assigned to this orphanage...but they cannot take them because there is no money. Please pray finances come in to support the kids here.




This is Mario (3 yrs.)
This is Tina (9 yrs.) in front of her bedroom window!
This is David (6 yrs.) he is Mario's older brother! He is a handful! ;)
This is Rahrosh (7yrs.) and he is a sweetheart! He gives the best hugs and kisses!

Two of the older girls! I can't remember their names. But both are very sweet and beautiful!

There are more children and I will try and get their pictures up too! I am loving it here and I hope that I can be helpful and learn the language. Much love!

0 comments: