Saturday, January 30, 2010

This is my heart, these are my thoughts, this is my prayer.

I want to make the reason I am here, in Romania, very clear. It's not because I am a good person (Romans 3:12 "All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.") because I'm not. I am a sinner just like everyone else. The reason I came to Romania is because I felt the Lord leading me here. I knew that this is where I was suppose to go. The Lord gave me such a peace about this adventure I knew that if I were to not go I would be sinning in complete disobedience!

Why Romania? I still don't know exactly... but I do know that these past 4 1/2 months have been amazing. I have gained so much insight from the Lord, I have seen His answers to my prayers and the sovereignty of Him laid out. I have met people who have changed my life. I have met people who I hope I have helped to change their lives through Christ. My gifts and talents have been used... and I have been stretched as a person and I definitely have had my faith tested.

What I want you to know, christian, is that I am no better than you. If you are feeling stuck and confused about how you are to serve our awesome and mighty Creator then get on your knees and seek His will. I knew where God wanted me and I followed. I did and do not want to compromise His plan for my desires. I want to follow His commands and live my life in complete submission to Him and His will for me (Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.")

What I want you to know, unbeliever, is that Christ has abundantly shown His character to me while being here. He is a God of love, yes we all know that. But He is a God of hate too. He loves all that is beautiful and hates all that is terrible.(Psalm 5:5 "The boastful shall not stand before your eyes; you hate all evildoers.") That is good and bad news. WE are sinners. WE are terrible. WE deserve death and hell. Thankfully He is a just God and has to carry out that justice. I don't want to serve a God who is changing and unstable. The Lord desires you to worship, adore and serve Him... and Him alone. Please consider that what I am saying is THE truth. Please realize that Jesus Christ says, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6) It's so important! It's the most important thought to ever ponder.

I believe it so much that I came half way around the world to love on the children here and share the love of Christ with them. I want them to grow into adults and remember the love that was given to them and to remember that differently... I don't care if they remember my name... I don't care if they even remember me. I do care that somehow the Lord makes it evident in their hearts that the love of Christ Jesus was given to them back in September of 2009 till March of 2010.

This is my heart, these are my thoughts, this is my prayer. Much Love.

0 comments: