Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

These are just a few little things I'd like to share:



1.) On Sunday afternoon in Petrosani my friend Robert and I had just finished eating lunch under a pavilion when 3 boys came up and asked for money. This is a very common occurrence in Romania. Many children are sent out by their own parents to beg for money and sometimes if they don't meet their quota they will be beaten. It's a big problem... and I'm not sure why something is not being done about it. Anyway these 3 boys discovered quickly that I'm American. They began to many ask questions and it provoked conversation. Robert took the opportunity to share Christ with them, hopefully it's a seed planted in good soil. (Matt. 13:8)

2.) Yesterday, upon the kids request Robert visited Casa de Copii. (They love him... I'm no longer the coolest.) There was a woman and her grandson visiting. The woman is having a hard time feeding the child and keeping him clothed and was seeking help. Seeing as the orphanage has little to no money they can not take on another child but have agreed to feed him and give extra clothes to the family. So Robert and I sat at a table with all the little children and the woman. The kids and I colored as Robert presented the gospel to her. I would have loved to be a part of the conversation but... I couldn't keep up, so instead I prayed. I ended up having a copy of the New Testament in Romanian in my purse (a total God thing) which we were able to give to her. She has invited us over to her home on Friday! :)

3.) Delia can color in the lines now! I'm so proud of her. She also is gaining weight! :)


4.) Tomorrow I am spending time with a girl who is very lost. She is 16 or 17... please pray for me to be bold and unashamed of the truth. Also pray for me to not freeze seeing as we are going up on Parang... yes that is a picture of it. brrrrrrr! More pictures to come! :)

It is truly a blessing to be used by the Lord and I am so thankful for the opportunity. Much love-


2 comments:

Gloria Annette Owens said...

So very proud of all you are doing. Praying for you everyday and those who God places in your path.

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, thank you for this blog. I love reading it; I love seeing how God is working through your life in Romania. It's awing.