Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Shots, Coloring, and Snow!

Last week I went with the kids to get their shots. Oh man, that was difficult. Little Delia was pretty brave but still got teary eyed and her little bottom lip quivered. Mario cried... a lot! David saw Mario cry and started screaming, "NU VREAU!" which means "I DON'T WANT!" oh boy. Tina looked terrified and Rares and Sebi were tough guys. :) I do not look forward to taking my own children to get shots one day.




Yesterday I was pleasantly surprised when Alina (13) came up to me and asked me how I was doing. Usually I approach her and she is shy and quiet. We ended up drawing together and she asked me to do the whole bubble letter drawing with her name... something I use to do when I was her age, heck I still do it! So we were coloring and then Andrada (15) decided she would join in on the fun too! Usually she is too cool for most things. :)I'm glad we got to hang out, I've been hoping that they would open up to me which is difficult with the whole language barrier.

Speaking of the language barriers, I can tell a major difference in last couple of weeks with how much I've learned. I'm so thankful I'm understanding some things. Robert has been so kind to help me, I even helped him with typing up a paper! I read to him in Romanian as he typed it! I didn't understand a lot of what I read but at least I'm pronouncing words correctly! :)

Finally... winter is back. Definitely back. We had a mild December but things are now back to being very cold and snowy. Snow is exciting for me, maybe because I'm a Floridian, but really it's gorgeous! Ice on the other hand I could live without! I haven't fallen YET but I'm sure I will. Last night I just decided to slide my way home, it was more fun and slightly scarier. That's all for now, much love from this side of the globe!



0 comments: