Saturday, January 9, 2010

Catch All

I'm afraid I haven't written much lately... and now there are too many things that I'd love to share in one blog update. I will try my best to be concise!

1. MAJOR prayer answered. I came half way around the world without all of the money I needed to get back, but the Lord has provided for me yet again. It truly is an awesome blessing that Lord would take care of little old me. I have all the money I need, and will be coming back on March 4th. Thank you for all of your prayers and support! I don't have the words to adequately thank the Lord and everyone who has helped. Multumesc!

2. The kids are back to school and that means I have somewhat of a schedule again, which is nice! Poor Rares really struggles in school and cries just about every afternoon while trying to do his homework. Please pray for him, that he would gain perseverance and understanding towards his school work. I relate with him and wish I could communicate that better, but for now I just try to encourage him when he shows me his homework.

3. I really don't know how I am going to leave these precious children in less than two months! Back in October I really felt like there was no way that I'd live the rest of my life and never come back to this country again... that feeling has only become stronger. I'm interested to see what the future holds. :)

4. PRAISE- my language skills have really improved! I have made a new friend named Robert and he clearly has the gift of teaching. He is very patient with me and we read through the Bible in Romanian and then he helps me translate it and then compare with my Bible. I really love the challenge and I love learning on both levels. I've also enjoyed his friendship, which has been another blessing.

5. I start back teaching English Club next week and I am looking forward to it! I've actually decided when I go back to the States I will take a course at Florida State University at the Center for Intensive English Studies and become certified to teach English as a second language. I'm in the process of figuring out the logistics and details but, I'm excited about the opportunity!

6. A funny thing happened today, I was getting on the Maxi Taxi to go to Petrosani... and I shut the door behind me. The driver said something to me but I couldn't hear him too well so I said, "Poftim?" which is like "Excuse me?" and he said it again. I thought he told me I didn't slam the door hard enough... so I apologized and re-opened the door and slammed it harder. He laughed at me and the rest of the bus looked at me like I was crazy... and then I realized he had told me I slammed the door too hard. Oops... now I had done it twice! I flashed him a big smile and said "Scuze, nu vorbesc romaneste" which means "Sorry, I don't speak Romanian"! I always feel weird saying that in the language I claim not to know! OH how I do enjoy language barriers! :)

Well I think that's enough for now. The kids are great and life in Romania is good. I'm loving listening to sermons from John Piper, Francis Chan and Paul Washer... there is so much available on the Internet, I encourage you to take advantage of the tools the Lord has made available for us! Much Love-










0 comments: