Saturday, December 19, 2009

Tour of my apartment "decorated" Christmas! :)

Ok so this is my first Christmas away from home but I wanted to decorate my apartment to bring a little of the Christmas spirit I'm use to here in Romania! I really don't have money to spend on decorations and such so I got as creative as I could and spent less than $20 on everything! :)

This is my lovely Christmas tree with white lights, gold ornaments and a lovely red bow topper! :) Notice the snow outside the window... this will be my very first "white Christmas"!











This is my bedroom with my white lights and gold ornaments dangling. All the cards on the wall are from my friends, family, the kids at Killearn and the kids here at the orphanage! :)













This is my favorite Christmas smell! Oranges, cinnamon and nutmeg! Yummy.












Ok- so I obviously would much prefer an apothecary or a hurricane vase but this is what I had so it will do! I also reused the red ribbon from a gift I received.








Here is the rest of that ribbon! I was at the piata (an outdoor market) today and a little old lady was selling mistletoe! Of course I had to get some! This hangs over the entrance to the kitchen.


So this is my apartment for Christmas, it's not much but it is a little more homey! Merry Christmas!

1 comments:

Chels (M) said...

aw, I love it!

You are so stinkin cute and creative. Miss you, sweet friend!