Friday, February 19, 2010

Seasons Change

As I walked "home" today... I looked around me and the realization of change hit me. Snow has started to melt and the hills have bare spots with exposed dead grass. Spring is nearing and so is my return. I leave here in less than 2 weeks. The things that seemed so foreign to me when I arrived are a distant thought now. The unfamiliar has become a comfort and a joy. I have fallen in love with this country and it's people. The landscape here is beautiful but you can see how the people who have inhabited it have stripped it and turned the beauty into a sad reminder of oppression.

As the next 12 days pass I'm not sure how I will spend my time. I love the children at Casa de Copii, I have my church friends from Petrosani, my English Club girls... my prayers for friends were definitely answered and now I have to leave them. I am grateful for the friendships I've made and am trying to understand that seasons come and go but the Lord is unchanging and sovereign!

"He changes times and seasons;
he removes kings and sets up kings;
he gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to those who have understanding" Daniel 2:21

As spring arrives I intend on preparing myself for the summer and fall. I want to become better equipped. I want to learn to teach English as a second language, I want to continue learning Romanian and I want to continue growing in the Lord.

I truly believe I will be coming back to Romania. I look forward to seeing how God works that out, as he most certainly has had control over this season. Thank you for your continued love and support. Much Love-

(PS. I am working on a post of a recap of the children and how they have grown since I've gotten here... stay tuned!)

3 comments:

Allison Drew said...

That was very beautifully said. I will continue praying for you, your ministry in Romania, and all the people you've touched.

Allison Drew said...

Also, let's hang out/meet/be friends when you come back.

Anonymous said...

My how you have grown in wisdom. MY prayers are being answered in your growth and maturity. Your NetNet loves you and is anxious for you return.